Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 2nd March 2004, 05:57 PM   #1
Unregistered

Catholic V Church of England

I am a Catholic and my Fiancee has not been christened but we would really like to get married in our local Church of England church. Do Catholics believe in the same god and bible as the Church of England and if so then then as long as God blesses our marriage isn`t that the most important thing?
Old 4th March 2004, 12:50 PM   #2
Liz

If you want to make your vows before God, then I am sure He will be there whether you marry in a Catholic or Anglican Church. The two denominations of the Christian Church do believe in the same God - there are some differences in the details of their beliefs, but none that shoudl have a big impact on a wedding ceremony.

Why not go and talk to your local Catholic priest and Anglican minister and see what they have to say. I am sure you will get a warm welcome.

With best wishes

Liz
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2004, 10:11 PM   #3
sammi-lou

Red face Re: Catholic V Church of England

all i can say is i come from a different religion from my husband he is johovas witness and im a protostant christian, but we married regardless i accept his values and he accepts mine. the difference is we were wed in a registry office because i was always taught no matter where you are GOD IS ALWAYS THERE and dont be worried if you think anyone thinks less of you, stuarts mum did but sh still came to the wedding and ive been married two years in April. all i can say is is doesn't matter who or what your relationship or even your religion be happy like we are and let no one stop you both from being happy we didn't and we're the best know that we've ever been GOOD LUCK AND BE HAPPY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
I am a Catholic and my Fiancee has not been christened but we would really like to get married in our local Church of England church. Do Catholics believe in the same god and bible as the Church of England and if so then then as long as God blesses our marriage isn`t that the most important thing?