Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Marriage Help

Old 24th October 2015, 11:09 PM   #2011
Lindentree1

Re: Recently separated after 17 years of marriage honest advice and views needed

[QUOTE=chosen;87895]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindentree1 View Post

Yes its read meat and especially processed meat such as bacon and sausages. Try turkey bacon if you can get it there. Also we eat vegetarian sausages they are really delicious

MY first husbands mother ate loads of red meat and she died of bowel cancer in her 60's.
Yes, we have turkey bacon here.

I don't like dark meat chicken, I only like chicken breasts but they tend to be dry. I am going to think twice about steak and hamburger meat now.

I recently started eating more meat because I'm trying to cut carbs, and this study comes out.

Sorry about your first husband's mom. That is how my grandfather died, as well. No one else in my family ever had that issue.
Lindentree1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 04:38 AM   #2012
chosen

Re: Recently separated after 17 years of marriage honest advice and views needed

[QUOTE=Lindentree1;87896]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post

Yes, we have turkey bacon here.

I don't like dark meat chicken, I only like chicken breasts but they tend to be dry. I am going to think twice about steak and hamburger meat now.

I recently started eating more meat because I'm trying to cut carbs, and this study comes out.

Sorry about your first husband's mom. That is how my grandfather died, as well. No one else in my family ever had that issue.
Do you like fish because that is very good for you. We eat quite a lot of chicken.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 11:52 AM   #2013
ralfgarnett

[QUOTE=Lindentree1;87893]
Quote:
They are dong you a favour, that meal is deadly for your body. Sausages and bacon and other processed red meat cause bowel cancer for a start.

I read that a study is coming out this Monday linking processed meats to cancer. Guess that means I have to give up bacon. I just started eating it again. Deep sigh.
Hi LDT, this information has been bandied about for a while now, I don't think you having a bacon butty once in a while will do you any harm, as I said if you do it every day then it's obviously not healthy, but your an intelligent and healthy lady and I am certain you know what's good for you or not, btw turkey bacon is nice and low in fat, but it is also processed meat because that is what bacon is processed meat, anyway we have gone right off topic, today is the first day of Autumn and my 2nd Autumn as a single man and I feel a bit wobbly about it.
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 02:10 PM   #2014
Lindentree1

[QUOTE=ralfgarnett;87898]
Quote:

Hi LDT, this information has been bandied about for a while now, I don't think you having a bacon butty once in a while will do you any harm, as I said if you do it every day then it's obviously not healthy, but your an intelligent and healthy lady and I am certain you know what's good for you or not, btw turkey bacon is nice and low in fat, but it is also processed meat because that is what bacon is processed meat, anyway we have gone right off topic, today is the first day of Autumn and my 2nd Autumn as a single man and I feel a bit wobbly about it.
Yes, turkey bacon is also processed. I know the information has been out for awhile, but there is a new study coming out tomorrow talking about the dangers of red and processed meat.

Doesn't autumn start in late September?

Sorry you are wobbly. Being single is not easy. I'm trying to look at it as a time of getting to know myself better. At least that's what I'm telling myself.
Old 25th October 2015, 02:14 PM   #2015
Lindentree1

[QUOTE=chosen;87897]
Quote:

Do you like fish because that is very good for you. We eat quite a lot of chicken.
Fish is a wonderfully healthy food but I really don't like the taste. I don't like fish or seafood, unfortunately.
Old 25th October 2015, 09:47 PM   #2016
ralfgarnett

Hi LDT, try an Arbroath smokie or a Manx kipper, they are truly delicious and great any tine of the day, WW wasn't that keen on fish when I met her but after prepping various dishes using seafood and fish in different ways she was converted, just a shame she isn't here now, maybe I was a crap husband and cook also.
Old 25th October 2015, 09:56 PM   #2017
chosen

[QUOTE=Lindentree1;87900]
Quote:

Fish is a wonderfully healthy food but I really don't like the taste. I don't like fish or seafood, unfortunately.
I am not too keen on fish but I will eat tuna and cod and haddock. Never eat other sea food just dont like it.
Old 26th October 2015, 12:11 PM   #2018
ralfgarnett

[QUOTE=chosen;87902]
Quote:

I am not too keen on fish but I will eat tuna and cod and haddock. Never eat other sea food just dont like it.
I love all seafood including fish, prawns, squid, octopus, eel, crab, even eaten jellyfish, but just heard that report about red meat on the BBC must admit it's scary stuff, fortunately I don't eat lots of processed meats but even still I'm going to review what I do consume.
Old 27th October 2015, 11:03 AM   #2019
ralfgarnett

I'm struggling with depression and I don't know what to do any more or how to cope.
Old 27th October 2015, 12:30 PM   #2020
notDoneYet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfgarnett View Post
I'm struggling with depression and I don't know what to do any more or how to cope.
Go speak to your GP. Now.
notDoneYet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 01:46 PM   #2021
ralfgarnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by notDoneYet View Post
Go speak to your GP. Now.
Thanks NDY I thought about that but all the triage appointments will have gone for today, I will get up early in the morning and see how I feel then, if no perkier then I will do my best to get an appointment, meanwhile there are people I can ring if needs be, thanks for caring mate I feel very alone in the world and very lonely at the moment and I'm sure things cant be too great with you all things considered, although I do of course wish you great things and much happiness for you.
Old 27th October 2015, 02:32 PM   #2022
notDoneYet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfgarnett View Post
Thanks NDY I thought about that but all the triage appointments will have gone for today, I will get up early in the morning and see how I feel then, if no perkier then I will do my best to get an appointment, meanwhile there are people I can ring if needs be, thanks for caring mate I feel very alone in the world and very lonely at the moment and I'm sure things cant be too great with you all things considered, although I do of course wish you great things and much happiness for you.
Thanks Ralf

Believe it or not I'm actually fine. My STBX is bat sh!t crazy and to be honest I'm in a better place being out of her way. It's healthier for me like this.

I fortunately don't suffer from depression but I can sympathize. It's not a nice thing and you have to be very careful how you handle it.
notDoneYet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 04:12 PM   #2023
chosen

However ralf you are SO much better than you were.
Old 27th October 2015, 05:08 PM   #2024
Lindentree1

You have never given up, Ralf. I admire that about you. You always get help when you need it. That's a sign of strength. I know you will do all you can to feel better.
Old 27th October 2015, 06:13 PM   #2025
ralfgarnett

Thank you both that's very kind, I guess through being married to a mental healthcare practicitioner for so long I recognise when things aren't right, and also I attach no stigma whatsoever to any sort of mental health problems, they are what they are and I just deal with them the very best that I can and I am certainly not ashamed of suffering from depression I never asked to be in this situation and neither is it my fault, to me it's just the same as seeking assistance for any sort of medical problems.