Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 18th March 2009, 02:27 PM   #1
jahdog

My wife left 3 weeks ago

Alittle over 3 weeks ago i came home from work to the we need to talk bit. wife had packed car, said i am leaving, and left. 2 months prior after a sort of argument, not really though, she said she wanted divorce. then she went out for errands, returned home a few hours later saying that she loved me and wanted us to try to make it work. during the 2 months she made some efforts but stopped about a week before she left. many details i could give but not much time before i go to work. marriage rocky for last year. deeply depressed. intensity subsiding. unsure what to do. many financial issues to face. can not afford to stay here or move anywhere else. many mistakes on both parts. she said she wants divorce and not changing mind. please pray. i do not want this. 1 day my wife was loving and kind, next cold stranger. will post more later. i have no friends or family to turn to.
Old 18th March 2009, 04:53 PM   #2
JWD

Re: My wife left 3 weeks ago

Oh it feels awful doesn't it.

You keep posting.

try your best not to panic, I know that sounds crazy right now but you don't yet know what you are dealing with.

Do you have any friends in work you can confide in?
Old 18th March 2009, 05:28 PM   #3
jahdog

No friends to turn to. last 10 years with wife. moved out of state and across country twice. where i live no friends. been busy with school and work last 2 years. no friends at work. co workers not my type of people. some good people but not friends. very uncomfortable unfriendly situation there and even hostile situations. dog eat dog business. backstabbers. i have old friends back home but after years of little to no contact cant really talk with them about this. they have good solid marriages. would not understand. close to sister, but no real help. she has different life situation and does not relate to concepts of basic survival needs. talked with her some but became very difficult. had to tell her enough. only family is aunt. no help ther either, some encouraging words but she has own problems to face.

yes hurts more than imaginable. last 3 weeks like nightmare. intense anger, self-pity, depression, etc. intensity subsiding, thankfully, but replaced by overwhelming sense of loss. do not know what to do. must face world and life. finacial problems may become more than i can handle.

will post more details of situation. if only to get off chest somewhere and to someone. mayby someone will have advice and at least encouraging words.
Old 19th March 2009, 07:28 PM   #4
sweetfa

I am sorry to hear that, it seems your wife loved you enough but from my own experience it seems that women do not share their opinions to their hubby but do share with friends. I have very simillar situation, no real friends or family to talk to. is there anyway you can find the reason for her leaving you, my wife hasn't left me yet, I have given the option to my wife to leave but she doesn't tell me anything, one problem I have is in the bedroom department but other matters I am not sure she doesn't talk at all to me about anything
Old 19th March 2009, 07:52 PM   #5
jahdog

she wil not talk. only business about lawyer, bills, etc. life can really suck. hope things work better for you.
Old 19th March 2009, 08:18 PM   #6
sweetfa

just maybe in due course, there will be a light at the end of the tunnel, whereas my life is like a broken freight train running on broken lines with no brakes, slowly crackling along with no destination! where can I go next?
the only things we talk about are the kids
Old 19th March 2009, 09:07 PM   #7
jahdog

i feel you bro. i feel like that too.