Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Marriage Help

Old 22nd October 2015, 07:56 PM   #1996
notDoneYet

Re: Recently separated after 17 years of marriage honest advice and views needed

There is always an objective to these things. I think you hope it'll mean she'll begin a dialogue with you in the hope for reconciliation. I'd bet my next mortgage payment on it.

That may happen. This could be the point she says "I want to come home".

Or not.

And it's more likely not. Sorry mate.

Get writing and post it here first.

Then let it go.

Man hugs.
notDoneYet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 08:15 PM   #1997
ralfgarnett

Re: Recently separated after 17 years of marriage honest advice and views needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by notDoneYet View Post
There is always an objective to these things. I think you hope it'll mean she'll begin a dialogue with you in the hope for reconciliation. I'd bet my next mortgage payment on it.

That may happen. This could be the point she says "I want to come home".

Or not.

And it's more likely not. Sorry mate.

Get writing and post it here first.

Then let it go.

Man hugs.
I don't want her home, I couldn't trust her at the moment, it would be a hell of a long time before that would ever happen even if she begged and pleaded she would need to prove herself trustworthy now, yes of course I would love her back in my life but not in my home or in my bed, we would need to re-build the attraction starting as friends only and see where that takes us, I wont be posting my email on here thanks though I appreciate the offer but I have a good friend looking over it for me once I get around to doing it that is, tbh I'm not that fussed at the moment I think I'm getting more used to being alone which in itself is a huge step for me hence my slight lethargy and lack of motivation, don't get me wrong I have plenty of down times but not nearly as many as previously, and I have this feeling something good is going to happen to me.
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 08:55 PM   #1998
notDoneYet

Hi mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfgarnett View Post
we would need to re-build the attraction starting as friends only and see where that takes us
This is what I mean by expectations.

And something good will happen, if you let it.

Peace mate
Old 22nd October 2015, 10:05 PM   #1999
chosen

Well maybe you are getting to that acceptance stage and wont need to send that email after all.

As for what you said that you feel that something good is going to happen to you, its something that you have said several times before, and while its good to have hope, if we want changes then we usually have to make them ourselves. Its to easy to sit there waiting for something to happen, but in my experience its our own effort and changes we make that make things better.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2015, 09:57 AM   #2000
ralfgarnett

Hi Chosen & NDY, when I feel something good is going to happen I mean only to me but certainly not about her I have no expectations regarding her or reconcilliation, I am going to contact her but only when I am ready and it feels right, but please rest assured that I am not just sitting around waiting for things to happen, I am doing so much more behind the scenes that I don't publish to make my life easier and more bearable.
Old 23rd October 2015, 02:03 PM   #2001
ralfgarnett

Quote:
Man hugs.
Accepted, but only if your not wearing one of those horrible navy blue shirts .

Last edited by ralfgarnett; 23rd October 2015 at 02:14 PM.
Old 23rd October 2015, 04:28 PM   #2002
Lindentree1

Quote:
Accepted, but only if your not wearing one of those horrible navy blue shirts .
What's wrong with navy blue shirts? Are you talking about a sports team shirt or navy blue shirts in general?
Lindentree1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2015, 07:27 PM   #2003
ralfgarnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindentree1 View Post
What's wrong with navy blue shirts? Are you talking about a sports team shirt or navy blue shirts in general?
Hi LDT its too horrid to explain, NDY knows what I mean, my favourite colour is a kind of blue but not that blue, even my wedding dress was a nice blue.
Old 23rd October 2015, 07:35 PM   #2004
Lindentree1

Quote:
Hi LDT its too horrid to explain, NDY knows what I mean, my favourite colour is a kind of blue but not that blue, even my wedding dress was a nice blue.
You wore a wedding dress?
Old 23rd October 2015, 08:16 PM   #2005
notDoneYet

Wink Re: Recently separated after 17 years of marriage honest advice and views needed

Quote:
[evil eyes]. Yes, I know what you mean.
Just remember the grass is green but the sky is BLUE!
Lol.
Old 24th October 2015, 03:34 PM   #2006
ralfgarnett

Quote:
[evil eyes]. Yes, I know what you mean.
Just remember the grass is green but the sky is BLUE!
Lol.
Paradise is green but the ruddy sky is grey, at least where I am today it is (again), it's the last few hours of BST and you can flaming well tell, had a good night out with the chaps last night, had a good gargle and lubricated my tonsils for the first time in a while, just what the doctor ordered, got up early nipped in to town had my brekkie out, can you believe my regular weekend brekkie joint has changed from the old greasy spoon to a poncey arty farty café selling panninis, caffe latte and capucinos ?, I wanted a mug of tea or instant coffee in a blue and white hooped mug, bacon, black pudding, sausages, mushrooms, and tommies, nope they don't do that any more, I had to have a ruddy toasted tea cake and a pot of tea that was as weak as gnats piddle, whats the world coming too ?, where are all my old haunts going ?, they have even demolished one of my very few town centre favourite battle cruisers, it's been there since the 1700's now the stupid lefty liberal namby pamby council think it's unsafe, utter rubbish it's always been like that, I used to love standing at the bar in the vault with a pint of mixed with a corned beef butty and oickled onions talking to Dave behind the bar with Radio 2 on inth background, you knew where you were with a place like that, now its a municipal car park, flaming nowt left of it, I didn't even get my hands on the dart board it all went in a skip, what is the world coming too ?, when is that first one way ticket to Mars going on sale ?.

Ps, Oh crumbs its going dark and its the last day of BST, tonight I will pray to Santa Marjia, San Nikola, Allah, U Gesju that we all make it through the forthcoming darkness of autumn and winter and we all stay healthy and well in order to reach the brighter days of sprig 2016, god bless us and all of you dear dear people, may allah u gesju look over us all, sahha kuljum u imhobok kulhadd, narhalkolm u inseeli ghaliek RG xx.

Last edited by ralfgarnett; 24th October 2015 at 05:38 PM.
Old 24th October 2015, 07:03 PM   #2007
chosen

Quote:
Paradise is green but the ruddy sky is grey, at least where I am today it is (again), it's the last few hours of BST and you can flaming well tell, had a good night out with the chaps last night, had a good gargle and lubricated my tonsils for the first time in a while, just what the doctor ordered, got up early nipped in to town had my brekkie out, can you believe my regular weekend brekkie joint has changed from the old greasy spoon to a poncey arty farty café selling panninis, caffe latte and capucinos ?, I wanted a mug of tea or instant coffee in a blue and white hooped mug, bacon, black pudding, sausages, mushrooms, and tommies, nope they don't do that any more, I had to have a ruddy toasted tea cake and a pot of tea that was as weak as gnats piddle, whats the world coming too ?, where are all my old haunts going ?, they have even demolished one of my very few town centre favourite battle cruisers, it's been there since the 1700's now the stupid lefty liberal namby pamby council think it's unsafe, utter rubbish it's always been like that, I used to love standing at the bar in the vault with a pint of mixed with a corned beef butty and oickled onions talking to Dave behind the bar with Radio 2 on inth background, you knew where you were with a place like that, now its a municipal car park, flaming nowt left of it, I didn't even get my hands on the dart board it all went in a skip, what is the world coming too ?, when is that first one way ticket to Mars going on sale ?.

Ps, Oh crumbs its going dark and its the last day of BST, tonight I will pray to Santa Marjia, San Nikola, Allah, U Gesju that we all make it through the forthcoming darkness of autumn and winter and we all stay healthy and well in order to reach the brighter days of sprig 2016, god bless us and all of you dear dear people, may allah u gesju look over us all, sahha kuljum u imhobok kulhadd, narhalkolm u inseeli ghaliek RG xx.

They are dong you a favour, that meal is deadly for your body. Sausages and bacon and other processed red meat cause bowel cancer for a start.

No point praying to any of those except God?Jesus because they are dead.
Old 24th October 2015, 08:55 PM   #2008
Lindentree1

[QUOTE=chosen;87892]They are dong you a favour, that meal is deadly for your body. Sausages and bacon and other processed red meat cause bowel cancer for a start.

I read that a study is coming out this Monday linking processed meats to cancer. Guess that means I have to give up bacon. I just started eating it again. Deep sigh.
Old 24th October 2015, 09:00 PM   #2009
ralfgarnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
They are dong you a favour, that meal is deadly for your body. Sausages and bacon and other processed red meat cause bowel cancer for a start.

No point praying to any of those except God?Jesus because they are dead.
If you ate it every day then of course it's not going to do you any favours, but blimey I do it once in a blue moon, I normally have muesli for breakfast, and it's nice once in a while to have a cooked breakfast cooked by somebody else other than cooking for ones self all the time might put a bit of meat back on my bones, I especially love a cooked breakfast in Ireland complete with white pudding and fresh soda bread and a pot of tea like my mum used to make so stewed you could stand a spoon up in it delish !, my lunch was boiled rice, prawns, mackerel, and crab off the fish stall in the market.

Last edited by ralfgarnett; 25th October 2015 at 11:46 AM.
Old 24th October 2015, 10:32 PM   #2010
chosen

[QUOTE=Lindentree1;87893]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post

I read that a study is coming out this Monday linking processed meats to cancer. Guess that means I have to give up bacon. I just started eating it again. Deep sigh.
Yes its read meat and especially processed meat such as bacon and sausages. Try turkey bacon if you can get it there. Also we eat vegetarian sausages they are really delicious

MY first husbands mother ate loads of red meat and she died of bowel cancer in her 60's.