Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:29 PM   #1
Sam39

advice needed

hi everybody

Is anybody out there know if there is ang legal doccument indicating how can a working woman in marriage spend her income? my husband doesnt let me spand any amount of my money on something he doesn't agree for personal reasons.
My logic is that i could have spend that amount on a new car or better outfits for myself ,but i prefer to invest it on something I believe in and he doesnt.

Is there any source i could get legal advice from.he is really making my life hell!
thanks
Old 24th January 2008, 06:41 AM   #2
1aokgal

Re: advice needed

Your income is your income. You owe nothing into the pot except what the two of you agree upon. Last time I checked YOUR name was on your salary checks, not his. There is no such "legal" document.

You open a checking account at another bank in your name alone for deposit of your salary check each pay period. Is he employed? Does he make enough money to support the household on his income alone? Your dialog with him could be that you will contribute to household some funds if he CANNOT support it alone.

Other disposable income after obligations are paid of your check belongs to you as you choose to use it. Bank it..don't bring into the house. Yoour problem is not about money it is about control. He equates money with power and who has all the money has all the power. This is 2008 and it does not work that way. If you get into an argument..stand your ground and don't argue..put your funds into the account and just tell him nothing. Many working couples pool money for household bills, portion 15-20% for savings and can split some for each as personal income. Then there should be entertainment funds for movies or dinner out.

You also should know how much after tax income he brings to the table. You need an account book for your bills and you both can make a budget. In my household I do it all. He deposits the checks he gets, ALL of it. I pay the bills and keep track of things. I portion to him a percentage of after bills income as he needs as gas, lunches, etc. and special things as his union dues and such I write the checks. I am tighter with the funds so there is more savings and he knows this. We also have a signifiant 401K retirement plan. You should know all this and plan income and outgoing on your home.

You should not have to ask for money to buy a new outfit or spend for something you want. Step up to the plate and be a partner in financial management. Do not allow any man to dictate how your money, that you earned, will be used. Get this into an account in your sole name and checkbook that you control. Do you know where all his money goes? Find out and do not be treated as a child. It is control issue and to keep you dependent.

Last edited by 1aokgal; 24th January 2008 at 06:47 AM.
Old 25th January 2008, 01:46 AM   #3
Sam39

yes , thanks for advice
i think u r right. He says we should bring all money we both earn into the joint account and then if anyone need money s/he can withdraw out of that account later. he call it "transparency". he says i am cheating on him if i give money to anyone without tellin him and what is the answer if i tell him ? NO
do you think i need a lawyer to send him a letter or something to prove he is wrong? i dont think he would give up by my words only.
regards
sam39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1aokgal View Post
Your income is your income. You owe nothing into the pot except what the two of you agree upon. Last time I checked YOUR name was on your salary checks, not his. There is no such "legal" document.

You open a checking account at another bank in your name alone for deposit of your salary check each pay period. Is he employed? Does he make enough money to support the household on his income alone? Your dialog with him could be that you will contribute to household some funds if he CANNOT support it alone.

Other disposable income after obligations are paid of your check belongs to you as you choose to use it. Bank it..don't bring into the house. Yoour problem is not about money it is about control. He equates money with power and who has all the money has all the power. This is 2008 and it does not work that way. If you get into an argument..stand your ground and don't argue..put your funds into the account and just tell him nothing. Many working couples pool money for household bills, portion 15-20% for savings and can split some for each as personal income. Then there should be entertainment funds for movies or dinner out.

You also should know how much after tax income he brings to the table. You need an account book for your bills and you both can make a budget. In my household I do it all. He deposits the checks he gets, ALL of it. I pay the bills and keep track of things. I portion to him a percentage of after bills income as he needs as gas, lunches, etc. and special things as his union dues and such I write the checks. I am tighter with the funds so there is more savings and he knows this. We also have a signifiant 401K retirement plan. You should know all this and plan income and outgoing on your home.

You should not have to ask for money to buy a new outfit or spend for something you want. Step up to the plate and be a partner in financial management. Do not allow any man to dictate how your money, that you earned, will be used. Get this into an account in your sole name and checkbook that you control. Do you know where all his money goes? Find out and do not be treated as a child. It is control issue and to keep you dependent.
Old 2nd May 2008, 03:27 AM   #4
Justabloke

you have both got incomes as a married couple and equal rights to every asset, Just go for it lady, spend all YOUR money, maybe his too, teach him a lesson, hehehe

Bloke....