Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 24th February 2005, 08:22 PM   #16
Shasta

Wink Re: Young Marriages

Really I sound unhappy? I love my life. So, I've seen lots of "advice" from you on these forums Sierra but nothing about you. Do you feel that by choosing to marry later in life it has allowed you to truely do EVERYTHING you've ever wanted. You've never given anything up? Ever. We all give up something. I choose the college I needed for my degree and gave up all of my friends (who coiencidently went to the fun and games college I wanted) We all give up things for what we deem more important. It works out in the end. (I believe the universe is balanced) I made more friends at school who are in my profession, made contacts I would never have made at "fun and games" college, and now have a killer job waiting for me when I graduate. (Balance!)
Old 24th February 2005, 09:26 PM   #17
Sierra

Re: Young Marriages

What would you like to know? I am VERY pleased with things so far.

D
Old 24th February 2005, 09:33 PM   #18
Shasta

Well if your marriage is GREAT you must have alot of tips to share. How long have you been married, do you feel you've overcome many of the usual obsticals associated with marriage, and REALLY you've never in your entire life sacrificed anything you wanted for something you wanted more, you've got to be the luckiest woman alive?
Old 24th February 2005, 09:49 PM   #19
Sierra

First of all, I'm male. 39 years old. Married for the first time at 35. Retired from a large corporation in the US. Now in law school as I wanted to do something different.

Numerous relationships over the years. Enough to know the difference between lust and love. Lots of gals I was "hot" for that would have made lousy wives.

Married to a wonderful gal who is the perfect mix.

I think many of the obstacles here are time-centered. Things you go through at certain points in your life regardless. Being married just makes it worse. I was single when most of that happened.

In 10 years if I suddenly wake up with the need to go "find myself", I will realize that I am almost 50 and then I will just roll over and go back to sleep.

In addition to the early retirement I have toured Europe (Scotland, UK, Switzerland, Austria, Italy and France) more than once and am going back to Rome in 2006. I have Scuba dived all over the carribean and more of that is to come (wife is a diver). I go camping a lot and ride my Jet Ski a lot. I own my home outright. Life is good. I planned it that way.

Someday I will tell you all my website and you can see for yourself.

D
Old 24th February 2005, 10:11 PM   #20
Shasta

Well thats great. And I'm sorry I've just seen you mention a womens right to this or that a few times (didn't think a man with such strong opinions would care), and Sierra's my sisters name.

The male thing puts soooo much more prospective on what you say. We're two different species you and I.

Your life does seem amazing, part of me has always wanted world travel I'm young, I've done a little mission work in the Domminican nothing fascinating, of course the other half of me just wants a simple life, a back porch swing, big homemade breakfasts in the morning, and a couple of kids. (good food figures largely into my idea of happiness (hence the culinary degree)
My wonderful husband fit so nicely into senerio two that it was irresistible. My adventures are much smaller I too am an avid camper and hiker (w/ hubby). But I get enough of the travel I need on the discovery channel. My friend and I have a Rome and Venice trip planned for 07.
I think youth can be married very happily. I can't tell you how grateful I am to have my husbands support through school sometimes the pressure feels like it can crush you (but it's no law degree so I suppose you already know all about it.)
Old 24th February 2005, 10:18 PM   #21
Sierra

So now instead of an angry woman you think I'm an angry man, huh!! : )

The core of a relationship is how you see the other. Women are not toys, property or little lost sheep that need to be led. I have always sought and been attracted to strong women who wanted me BESIDE them. I have no interest in someone who needs to be "taken care of".

I'm glad you life works and makes you happy. Life is short.

D