Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Marriage Help

Old 29th January 2016, 04:07 PM   #1
Jehan

Should I leave my pregnant wife to go on a weekend trip?

Hi everyone,

I am 34 years old, my wife is 24, we have been happily married for 6 years now. We have 2 daughters (5 and 1), and a third on the way.

Since my wife became pregnant and since we already have a toddler in the house, I have been trying to help out in the house and with the kids as much as possible (even though I work full time and she is a stay at home mom). She doesn't have anyone else whom she can turn to for help.

But of course spending my evenings and weekends with the kids and doing chores after a long day in the office has been a drain on me also. So I asked my wife about a month ago if it would be all right for me to go on a small trip for one weekend (just to get away from the house for a bit). At that point she agreed.

But because of kids becoming sick, overtime at my work, and a blizzard I didn't get to take that trip. When I asked her if I could go now, she said she is too close to her due date (which is only 3 weeks away), and she wants me around if its time for her to go to the hospital.

I was planning on leaving her with my mom when I go on this trip but the two of them are not always on the best terms and my wife said she prefers not to be with her.

Should I listen to my wife and stay (even though I am yearning to get away for some air), or should I try some more to convince her to let me go?

I don't want to abandon her when she needs me but I feel if I don't take this trip now I might not get another chance for months (since she will probably need me even more once the baby is born). And I am not sure I can remain sane for that long.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Jehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 06:47 PM   #2
chosen

Re: Should I leave my pregnant wife to go on a weekend trip?

Hos far away are you wanting to go? is it near enough for you to get back if labour starts?
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 09:55 PM   #3
Jehan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Hos far away are you wanting to go? is it near enough for you to get back if labour starts?
Where I want to go is not that near, actually a 4 hour drive away. I guess if it were in the neighborhood, it wouldn't be an issue for her.
Old 29th January 2016, 11:05 PM   #4
Raymond

I think you need to postpone the trip at the moment and be with her at this crucial time. I know it's hard but you will still have your trip to look forward to. I don't think you will regret it afterwards.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2016, 08:30 AM   #5
Lindentree1

I also think you should stay with her. It's so close to the due date. What if she went into labor early and you weren't there? Better to have no regrets.
Lindentree1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2016, 09:17 PM   #6
Jehan

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your advice, I have decided to stay with her. I guess that's part of marriage, giving up what you want for the other.

Thanks again.
Old 1st February 2016, 10:04 AM   #7
Raymond

Well done!
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2016, 06:41 PM   #8
Prettynest

Angry Re: Should I leave my pregnant wife to go on a weekend trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehan View Post
Hi everyone,

I am 34 years old, my wife is 24, we have been happily married for 6 years now. We have 2 daughters (5 and 1), and a third on the way.

Since my wife became pregnant and since we already have a toddler in the house, I have been trying to help out in the house and with the kids as much as possible (even though I work full time and she is a stay at home mom). She doesn't have anyone else whom she can turn to for help.

But of course spending my evenings and weekends with the kids and doing chores after a long day in the office has been a drain on me also. So I asked my wife about a month ago if it would be all right for me to go on a small trip for one weekend (just to get away from the house for a bit). At that point she agreed.

But because of kids becoming sick, overtime at my work, and a blizzard I didn't get to take that trip. When I asked her if I could go now, she said she is too close to her due date (which is only 3 weeks away), and she wants me around if its time for her to go to the hospital.

I was planning on leaving her with my mom when I go on this trip but the two of them are not always on the best terms and my wife said she prefers not to be with her.

Should I listen to my wife and stay (even though I am yearning to get away for some air), or should I try some more to convince her to let me go?

I don't want to abandon her when she needs me but I feel if I don't take this trip now I might not get another chance for months (since she will probably need me even more once the baby is born). And I am not sure I can remain sane for that long.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
I have question is your vacation much more important than your family? Than your wife? Dont you know how hard is it to give birth? what will you do if something happen while you are away? What will you do, WILL you blame it to your wife blame it to your self. You can always go to your vacation after she birth hire someone who can assist her for a week while you are away. Having someone you are not in good terms with is helpful specially your wife its very awkward. Beast mode!

Tags
kids, marriage, pregnancy