Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 19th May 2012, 12:45 AM   #1
DNO

wife left me and kids for another man

my wife had been depresed for many years but would not admit it,i tried to support her and get her help but she would just take it out on me.icaught her cheeting on me 2 weeks ago with a friend she had been chating to on facebook for 5 weeks prior,she is now moving 1200 kilometres away to live with him,she wanted to take kids tried even spitting them up,she has now left me with 3 girls 6/13/14 i have always been closer to them,she is a party girl,she didnt even shed a tear saying goodbye to kids.i just want to know what kind of parent would do this,knowing that there is slight chance kids might move with her in 18 months time.she says they are in love and iknow he has money to treat her like a princess,but she has rushed into it with a lot of bagage.i dont want her back but i hope they dont work out and she can feel the pain i am going threw.
Old 19th May 2012, 01:24 AM   #2
Forever

Re: wife left me and kids for another man

So sorry this happened to you. Consider yourself blessed that you are the one who has the children...your so called wife is going to "crash and burn" sooner or later. Then she will likely waltz back into your life as if nothing much ever happened...only it did.
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 08:09 PM   #3
chosen

Re: wife left me and kids for another man

Dno its almost certain this relationship wont last, after all, they barely know each other. From what you have said she is also a very bad example for your daughters who will be better off with you. Even if the relationship does last 18 months, its highly unlikely that the girls will want to move all that way, away from their schools, and away form you. their home, and friends at the ages they are. They must feel so rejected.
What can I say, there are some incredibly selfish, immature, and self centred parents and spouses out there who think nothing of leaving their whole familes for some person they barely know.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote