Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 12th November 2008, 04:15 PM   #1
Diamond

Am I being a snob !!!

Hiya,

Im new to this whole forum and have had a look and really happy with the goals of this site, I have a problem and i hope to get some advice. Here it goes...

Im 23 and I have been seeing my boyfriend for about 4 and a half years now and we recently decided to take some time apart as we found ourselves arguing over petty things. My mum passed away 4 months ago from cancer, but she was true to her faith all to the end and trusted her all in the Lord as she loved the Lord, so although i miss her like crazy as i did everything for her and helped look after her i know she is at peace with the Lord and I will see her when the Lord takes me home.

My boyfriend has been with me through thick and thin, we pray together, talk about everything together and although he is a social person and im not we get along and we always build each other and encourage each other.
I know he loves me to bits and is always supportive. Althroughout uni he was there and now that im starting my career he has been there.
Throughout the time that we have taken time away from each other i have used the time to draw closer to God and my faith and realise that i really want a God fearing man.My boyfriend told me he had something to tell me and that he was crazy in love with me and the time apart showed him that although things were not perfect he was willing to make the effort and put God first in our relationship and that he has never been interested in anyone else as i am all he wants to spend his life with and wanted us to have some marriage counselling and then get married.......well, the problem is that I feel like he is not in love with God as much as I am in love with God. He is all I ever wanted in a man and treats me like a queen. Although he goes to church and we pray together and he uplifts me with Gods word am I being a 'snob' in thinking that he does not love God as much as I do or take his faith as serious as I do.
My mum loved him and so do the rest of my family, his family loves me and his dad (who is a pastor and my spiritual father) loves me to bits.

Am I being a snob, Im sure everyones walk with God is different ??

Would love your words of wisdom and advice

God Bless
Old 12th November 2008, 07:23 PM   #2
dazza10a

Re: Am I being a snob !!!

u r what and who u r , dont let anyone tell u any different

Darron
Old 13th November 2008, 09:36 AM   #3
Raymond

Hi Diamond. I would say that he is obviously a christian and born again. Who can judge anothers spirituality? Sometimes we think that no one seems to love God like we do, but that is not always true. Everyone is different and they will express it in different ways. Each of us has different gifts and it is easy to judge others who come short in the area we are gifted in. I think you may be a teeny weeny guilty of judging him perhaps? I know you are entitled to do this as this could be the person you are going to spend your life with. Even if he was less spiritual he can grow. It is an onging thing. Probably there are many couples where one seems more spiritual than the other. My own view is do not worry about it. He is as born again and as justified through Christ as you are. If you are spiritual then you will know that the end of the commandment if love. He is not going to stop that so don't worry about it unless God shows you different.

Raymond
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2008, 11:01 AM   #4
Diamond

Hi Raymond,

Thanks so much for your words of wisdom. Im really worried about delving into marriage with someone who is not God fearing as I dont believe in divorce. I know that he is not perfect and neither am I, we all strive for perfectness, but no one can be perfect but Jesus !!

I do feel that this is a very important decision and probably thats why im being very critical, but this could also be seen as judging his faith which is not what I want to be.

Maybe we could grow spiritually together in the Lord ??

This is something I am committing to God in prayer, but also wanted to seek advice from fellow believers

God Bless

Diamond
Old 13th November 2008, 01:47 PM   #5
Raymond

I found that it was God's peace in the end that was important. Alright you need the attraction and everything else as well but the peace of God is paramount. No doubt it will become apparent as you pray.

God bless
Raymond
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote