Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Marriage Help

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th October 2011, 12:47 PM   #18
Itsasecret

Re: Muslim marriage general advice...

sorry, I said I wouldnt post here again but wanted to leave one last message on this particular thread as its a matter of great interest to me.

Regarding christians being free to do whatever they want, thats a matter of great confusion to me. So there is nothing that is not allowed in christianity? The ten commandments are no longer valud? all of the rules from the old testament are now allowed.

If Jesus was god, why would he say he didnt come to change the laws and then inspire an apostle to change the laws. This doesnt make sense at all to me.

Also why would adultery and leaving your family and so on and so forth not be allowed?

Also, easter and christmas are originally pagan. This mean magic and idol worship. I dont see it as God being a kill joy by displeased with adopting customs of pagans and even capitalists such as cocoa cola.

You guys wonder why the western world has lost their way and no longer follows christianity. What do you expect when even the birth and death of jesus is a chance to raise revenue.

If God gives you a religion, with a set of beliefs and practices, you believe you are free to add and alter it in which ever way you feel like? Its very clear to me that you are falling the ways of your forefathers and defending them without being willing to consider they might be wrong.

People celebrate pagan festivas while little concern is given to lent. You cohsnder yourselves exempt from all laws.

If I was to ever follow christianity, I woudl follow it in its true sense, not some made up religion that people add and change with no concern for what the sciprute says. And then you compare changing your religion with developing cars and technology.

Thats obviously totally different, those things are not related to religion, you are making up new aspects of religion, so you are saying that Jesus and the bible are in need of spicing up a bit. Is your religion not worth more than that to you?

If I ever saw a church who shared my thinking, perhaps I would join, but i will never join a church who just makes up religion as they go along. Also I will not confess my sins to a human being, who potentially is molesting children, why would he have any ability to forgive my sins? I will have my relationship with God. Places of worship are good for attaining nearness to God and having quiet time to gain nearness with the creator.

Why are they full of graven images? Did God decide he doesnt mind graven images too?

It seems to me that the christian world has gone badly astray and thats the reason for teh serious decline in christianity. the fault is not with the religion, its with the adherents.

Now you have my generation who is messed up beyond recognition as a result and perhaps our forefathers will share some responsibility for us as they have certainly contributed.

All I know is Jesus sat with prostitutes and leapors, his message was peace and love and forgiveness for mankind, when Jesus gets back, he will probabily prefer Muslims to Christians given how astray the christian world is today although I never realised there were people like abley who understand where Im coming from and dont want to follow and adulterated religion that has been tampered with almost beyond recognition. Abely im interested in which denomination you follow as i never heard a christian say this.

everyone, use your minds rather than just folllowing what everyone else is following, the current interpretations of christianity, are total nonsense and very far removed from Jesus's message, and that has been the case for centuries if we are honest, Crusades, Witch hunting, slavery, is this really what Jesus was preaching? How did the main christian institutions support these things? And now we're supposed to believe that in the 21st century, suddenly the institutions have been corrected and are now falling the original message again and are back on track? Look at the christian world. what a mess.

Either way, I wouldnt involve myself in this nonsense, I have my relationship with god, im a sinful and astray person and 20 years of the christian institutions never helped me except to send me further and further astray until i hit rock bottom so I will be doing my own soul searching I guess, perhaps i need to travel and see different religions and views and people and think about what will guide me to a state that I will feel comfortable in when I die and meet my creator. Certainly chocolate eggs and fake men in red clothes with fake beards who wish to gain money out of me will not help me spiritually in any way shape or form and if this is your christianity then keep it, im not interested.

You should all think long and hard about if the religion you are following is the religion jesus preached and if your understanding matches with the scripture.

Are miniskirts allowed? Where does it say so in the bible? Do you truely understand the bible? Are all the rules of the old testament null and void? So the old tesament cannot be quoted when discussing dos and donts. there must be a set of laws or I can do what I want with no punishment from god. What is clear is that there is no coherent structure to current christian thinking and most people just do whatever their local pastor says, rather than trying to directly connect to the bible and follow it in its true form