Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 20th January 2015, 02:35 AM   #1
unknown1

Pray for my marriage

I have been married for 20 years, with 4 children one adult child. I am feeling so alone in this marriage. I feel like I'm in prison in my marriage. There is no love, affection or sex. Husband has diabetes, and he is having problems with that, in terms of sex. I am really believing God for a turn around soon. He's become very mean lately, I don't really like talking with him as much. He's mean to the Children most times as well. We work with Youth at my church, and most times I just want to stay home, and not go anywhere because i feel so stuck. I support him and his family, visit his mom in the hospital for over the past 2 years. When it comes to my mother he doesn't support her and when I try and support her he stops me. I love my Mother and she has been sick lately like his mother. We are always taking him Mother gifts all the time, but he doesn't think about my mother. When I do I get problems and i'm tired of it. I tired of his attitude, I love him but I don't like him. I wash his clothes, and make special meals for him, and do other supportive things for him. But he doesn't support me in anything. When he use to have a project and hobby I invested in his music hobby. When I wrote my book, and haven't got it published yet, because he won't help and support me. I continue to do great things for him, I pray to God that things turn around. I feel so alone in this marriage. He was locked up for four years over 23 years ago, I don't know if this prison mentality still had him down mentally, and he's making me feel like i'm in prison along with my Children. He's a very talented man, and wants us as a family to succeed in business. But he's to up and down for me. He's seems a little bi polar, I just can't seem to put my finger on it. He doesn't get along with people very well. He cant seem to keep relationships. Please pray for me, he just walked into the room and gave me a kiss, because he know I was a little down today. I tried calling him for 4 hours and he never picked up, and he didn't know if i had a emergency.
unknown1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 03:20 PM   #2
chosen

Re: Pray for my marriage

IT sounds to me as if you need to have some good marriage counselling.
Is he is under the doctor for the diabetes? Is he doing all he is told to do to control it?
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2015, 06:35 PM   #3
Raymond

You say he has been in prison. Does this mean he came out of a very bad childhood? Could he still be experiencing rejection? Not that anyone is rejecting him but this can still work on the inside nevertheless if he has never addressed it properly.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 10:13 AM   #4
triciamint

Some marriage counseling could really help, unknown1. I've had challenges in my marriage as well. It isn't a walk in the park. It takes a lot of work. Hopefully you can still work things out. Try to be more open to one another.
triciamint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2017, 08:18 AM   #5
blendflush

I really hope everything works fine by now. Marriage really takes a lot of challenges.
blendflush is offline   Reply With Quote