Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 18th December 2013, 02:23 AM   #1
justsomeguy

Please pary for us

My fiance is moving closer to me so we can heal our relationship and rebuild it on a foundation of Christ. Over the last year she had been cheating on me, completely out of character for her, that is why she is moving closer to me and out of the situation she was living. We know that with the Grace of God we will be made whole again.

Thank you all and God Bless
Old 18th December 2013, 10:30 AM   #2
chosen

Re: Please pary for us

I will pray, but please please be very wary of marrying someone who has already cheated, when you are not even married yet.
I personally would never marry a person who couldn't even be faithful in that short time. Please pray carefully and see want God says. Moving away from one situation isn't going to stop her if she meets someone else. She clearly has a weakness in that area especially if it has been going on for some time, and wasnt even a one off serious mistake.

Please ask God to show you clearly what you need to do, even if it is to end the relationship. I would advise having a break from each other for a period of maybe 3-6 months while you pray and wait on God as to what He says. It may seem like a long time, but compared to a life time its nothing, and you must be sure its what God wants for you.

Marrying some who cant be faithful, will only lead to heartbreak and pain. I would definitely not even think of marriage for at least a year or two, and don't move in together as that is wrong for a Christian as well.

Go to one or two mature male Christian friends and ask them to pray for you to see what God wants you to do. Get their advise and help.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2013, 01:34 PM   #3
Raymond

Re: Please pary for us

I agree. It is a good idea to stand back and see what God says with regard to the circumstances. If it is right you will have a peace about it. God only wants the best for you, but we don't always know what that is without being open to it.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote