Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Chapel > Christian Marriage

Old 4th June 2011, 02:12 PM   #91
Jimsdarliing

Re: Q: At what point is touching no longer appropriate for just friends?

I really believe it's her husband trying to make everything as it was before. He dropped by one day this week (I guess on his way home from work). i thought I'd let the guys have some time alone and went for a bike ride. When I got out into the driveway, I saw their car was running but I couldn't see inside to tell if she was there or not. I should have known she was because last time he dropped by like this he made it a point to tell us twice that she was in the car. When I got back about 30 minutes later, they were gone. I asked Jim about it and he said he went out to say HI to her.

About the horse issue--before all this came up, a friend and I had already planned on going. It's just that we'll be going in my car and will be enjoying the event while he'll be busy riding/patroling. However, he DID assure me that he'll not be riding with her. I hadn't thought about meeting him there where they'll be saddling up though and appreciate the idea. I'm sure I'll do it. About her husband asking someone else to bring her a horse, they really have no one and I'm sorry for it but I think I will make it clear this is a one time deal. Jim is really understanding now and respects how I feel and what I've been through. Thank you guys so much for the feedback--I don't know what I would do without you. I pray that your lives are as wonderful as you've helped to make mine.
Old 4th June 2011, 04:08 PM   #92
chosen

JD
Her husband may be trying to make it all as it was, but it cant be this way Maybe your husband could have a word with him about this?
Its really good that your husband is so understanding and respects ther way you feel now. Thats is VERY good news.
God Bless
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 09:23 PM   #93
Jimsdarliing

Well, around noon yesterday her husband called back and told Jim that she had changed her mind and wasn't going to ride. He said she "didn't want to make things any worse." Maybe she really does understand my predicament. You're right too--although I hurt for her and appreciate her sacrifice, this is the only way it can be.
Old 7th June 2011, 01:04 PM   #94
Raymond

That's good JD. Normally it might be alright but because of the history and the way your husband can be she has done the right thing.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 03:17 PM   #95
Forever

Hi JD,
My private email is sweetznco@mlode.com

You can contact me off this site there if you ever want to "talk"...however I am leaving for dental work in Mexico this Sat. so Friday and will not have internet during that time.

Take care, and God Bless you
Forever
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote