Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 18th February 2011, 06:29 PM   #16
Shinars Basket Case

Re: Hair Today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I cannot understand SBC why you are talking about the Xian religion, which I understand is a branch of Buddhism that started in Xi'an in China. Is there a christian branch of this? Doesn't make sense to me.
'Xian' is fairly standard shorthand for 'Christian' and has been used by Xians since oh about 1650. Like Xmas, y'know? Just saves my carpal tunnel that's all.

Last edited by Shinars Basket Case; 18th February 2011 at 06:30 PM. Reason: spelling as always
Shinars Basket Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 12:20 AM   #17
Forever

Why cant she pull it back into a braid or pony tail...it would still be the long hair "required" yet it would eliminate dropping all the loose hair all over the place?
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 12:37 AM   #18
Shinars Basket Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Why cant she pull it back into a braid or pony tail...it would still be the long hair "required" yet it would eliminate dropping all the loose hair all over the place?
Thank you for actually considering the problem and not focusing on the fact that we still take some bits of the NT literally.

However, and again I should have explained things better, braiding her hair tight enough to actually do any good feels to her like she has something on her head...ie feels similar to wearing a scarf or bonnet. So no, that isn't a solution.
Old 20th February 2011, 12:55 AM   #19
chosen

A pony tail wont make her feel as if she has something on her head. Its just pulling back into an elastic band. No braids at all.
I still think that you are the one who needs the help. You seems to have an unnatural aversion to hair whch goes way past the normal.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 12:57 AM   #20
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinars Basket Case View Post
'Xian' is fairly standard shorthand for 'Christian' and has been used by Xians since oh about 1650. Like Xmas, y'know? Just saves my carpal tunnel that's all.
Like Raymond, I have never seen it being used before. Maybe it is an American thing?
Old 20th February 2011, 01:03 AM   #21
Forever

When hair is evenly dispersed, the weight of it is not as noticable as when it is gathered up. My daughter has hair past her butt and she pulls it back into a pony tail and is used to the feel of it. My hair wont ever get longer than a few inches below my shoulders because I am old and it breaks off before it can reach any length.

But there was a day when I had it pretty long and it does feel weightier when pulled into a pony tail or especially one big braid. How about many many braids evenly dispersed all over her head?

I can sort of understand the aversions...when my son shaves or trims his hair and leaves it in the sink or floating in the toilet, I get disgusted. Or when I clean out the shower or bathroom plugs it grosses me out to pull out all that wad of hair...looks like giant cat vomit.

I'll try to think of something else, cant figure for the life of me why God would put you in a predicament like this???

P.S. I am American born. Never heard of Xians either, but to each their own.
Old 20th February 2011, 01:10 AM   #22
chosen

Yes I dont think there are many if us who like fishing out hair from the plug hole, but to have to shave off your own hair because you cant stand any hair at all, is over the top and needs help. I used to have long hair and one of my daughters has pretty long hair, but never any problems with a pony tail.
I am sure that your wife could have a few inches cut off and still have long hair, after all the Bible never mentions actual length and the men usually wore it long also, unlike today when the norm is to have short hair for men.

Last edited by chosen; 20th February 2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 20th February 2011, 01:24 AM   #23
Shinars Basket Case

Quote:
why God would put you in a predicament like this???
Ah well He does indeed move in mysterious ways. Although actually I don't believe God has much to do with it. We've put ourselves in this predicament. My Wife's mental illness was the result of falling in love with and having babies by an alcoholic violent, armed criminal/killer (Me in a past life, I came to faith while looking at two murder charges with the world's worst hangover in a police cell one morning a long time ago).

Last edited by Shinars Basket Case; 20th February 2011 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Early morning (for me) syntax
Old 20th February 2011, 01:25 AM   #24
Shinars Basket Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
but never any problems with a pony tail.
She does wear a pony tail on occasions but very loose (so it doesn't help much) and can't bear it for long.
Old 20th February 2011, 01:34 AM   #25
Forever

I would pray. I would ask the Lord to help you to appreciate the beautiful hair He has given to your wife in the spirit of it being her covering. I agree with Chosen, the aversion you have is not within the normal range, but neither is shaving your own head (how did your wife like it when you did that)?

If you find hair in your food, then you can discuss having your wife tie it back while preparing food. If you find it in your tool box or anywhere else, ask her to please remove it like I do when I find it all over the bathroom sink from my son or husband.

Do not make your dear (lucky) wife feel bad about what the Lord has given her. It is supposed to be to her physical glory. This aversion is designed from the enemy and is being used to cause contention and make your wife seem less appealing.
Old 20th February 2011, 01:42 AM   #26
Shinars Basket Case

[QUOTE=Forever;60172] (how did your wife like it when you did that)?

She quite likes the look actually

Quote:
If you find hair in your food, then you can discuss having your wife tie it back while preparing food.
I cook....she isn't capable due to her condition.

Quote:
Do not make your dear (lucky) wife feel bad about what the Lord has given her. It is supposed to be to her physical glory. This aversion is designed from the enemy and is being used to cause contention and make your wife seem less appealing.
Yeah you might not be wrong about that.
Old 20th February 2011, 01:56 AM   #27
Forever

Glad she likes the way you look, glad you can and do cook, and now your job is to get with the Lord and ask Him to reveal the root of the problem and deliver you from that stronghold.
Best wishes and Blessings to you and your Bestes Wife!
Old 20th February 2011, 01:59 AM   #28
Shinars Basket Case

Quote:
ask Him to reveal the root of the problem
ROFL!!

It was probably an unintentional pun but it amused me....yes I'm that sad.
Old 20th February 2011, 02:08 AM   #29
Shinars Basket Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Like Raymond, I have never seen it being used before. Maybe it is an American thing?
No its a brit thing
Quote:
According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the use of the
abbreviation "xian" or "xtian" for "Christian" dates back at least as
far as 1634. Before that, it was more usual to take the first two
letters of XPICTOC, and write "xpian" for "Christian". Priests would
record Christenings using the shorthand "xpen" or "xpn".
, however now probably an interwebz thing! Punching "Xian Christian" into google gets 1,750,000 results so maybe you just haven't spoken to enough Xians online?
Old 20th February 2011, 09:14 AM   #30
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinars Basket Case View Post
No its a brit thing , however now probably an interwebz thing! Punching "Xian Christian" into google gets 1,750,000 results so maybe you just haven't spoken to enough Xians online?
No actually I have. I was on a British Christian friendship site for 2 years before I met my husband, have been on an other Christian forum for 4 years and now on this one for about 6-9 months.Never seen it before.