Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Marriage Help

Old 11th May 2015, 09:29 AM   #766
notDoneYet

Re: Yet another " I love you but I'm not in love with you" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindentree1 View Post
Glad you had a good day and also glad you stuck up for yourself. Good for you.
Yea, it's been a pretty interesting weekend. She's softened up a bit but then again 24hrs is a long time in the mindset of the WW. Let's see what happens later.
notDoneYet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2015, 10:27 PM   #767
Lindentree1

Been watching Anthony Bourdain in Scotland on t.v. Remember the show I told you about?
He ate grouse.
He said Glasgow was his favorite city in Europe and one of his favorite cities in the world. He drank beer in Old College Bar, est. 1510. Talked about the difference between east and west Scotland. Ate at Mother India in the east. Said Indian food was popular there.

Was in the Highlands. Said it was ruggedly beautiful. Showed all the lovely mountains. He was hiking but said the hike was tough because it was hours long. His hunted a red stag.

He said Scottish people are really good at teasing, or ball-busting, as he called it.

Because he shot his first red stag he got blooded--his friend smeared the blood on his face. He had to keep his face like that. I don't know if that actually happens or if he was being teased.

The venison was seasoned with salt, pepper and rosemary and seared in duck fat. Pan sauce with red wine and butter and turnips and potatoes.

The show mostly talked about food because Bourdain is a chef.

All the pictures of Scotland were so lovely.

He also ate lobster thermidor and Scottish oysters at this place called Rogano in Glasgow.

Last edited by Lindentree1; 11th May 2015 at 10:45 PM.
Lindentree1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2015, 10:48 PM   #768
notDoneYet

Hey, glad you enjoyed it. So, blooding is a very real tradition in the UK, possibly in wider Europe. We are also masters at teasing or ball busting. It's a way of life here. Basically we all take the p*ss out of each other. All the UK nations are good at that but we Scots take it to a new level. And Indian food? This place is wall to wall Indian food. There is a dish called pakora that was invented here in Glasgow. No native Indian has even heard of it let alone tasted it unless they come here.

The East and the west is very different but Edinburgh is so full of tourists, students and career imagrents you are hard pressed to find a true Edinburgers these days (that's not a typo, that's really what we call them, Glasgow folk are known as Weegies).
Old 11th May 2015, 10:56 PM   #769
Lindentree1

Quote:
Originally Posted by notDoneYet View Post
Hey, glad you enjoyed it. So, blooding is a very real tradition in the UK, possibly in wider Europe. We are also masters at teasing or ball busting. It's a way of life here. Basically we all take the p*ss out of each other. All the UK nations are good at that but we Scots take it to a new level. And Indian food? This place is wall to wall Indian food. There is a dish called pakora that was invented here in Glasgow. No native Indian has even heard of it let alone tasted it unless they come here.

The East and the west is very different but Edinburgh is so full of tourists, students and career imagrents you are hard pressed to find a true Edinburgers these days (that's not a typo, that's really what we call them, Glasgow folk are known as Weegies).
Oh, okay. The friend that put blood on his face was visiting from England.

I meant to say the differences between east and west Glasgow, my mistake.

He said he loved the sense of humor people showed there.

Have you heard of the bar or restaurants he went to?

He seems to like Glasgow a great deal.
Old 11th May 2015, 11:01 PM   #770
notDoneYet

Quote:
Oh, okay. The friend that put blood on his face was visiting from England.

I meant to say the differences between east and west Glasgow, my mistake.

He said he loved the sense of humor people showed there.

He seems to like Glasgow a great deal.
East and west Glasgow. Now there is a difference. It's hard to imagine such differences in such a small city but man they are significant. Glasgow is an amazing place. Yea, we can be a little rough around the edges at times but we are also the friendliest place I the world. You wouldn't believe it because we don't talk to people, we shout at them. But that's just the way we are.
Old 11th May 2015, 11:04 PM   #771
Lindentree1

Quote:
East and west Glasgow. Now there is a difference. It's hard to imagine such differences in such a small city but man they are significant. Glasgow is an amazing place. Yea, we can be a little rough around the edges at times but we are also the friendliest place I the world. You wouldn't believe it because we don't talk to people, we shout at them. But that's just the way we are.
Have you heard of the bar and restaurants he went to?
Old 11th May 2015, 11:24 PM   #772
notDoneYet

Quote:
Have you heard of the bar and restaurants he went to?
Everyone has ate at mother India. It's a bit of a landmark. Popadoms and spicy onions. Mm. Lovely. I've also had a pint in the old college bar but I think it's shut now. There's a lot of famous pubs around the high street. Did you see any pictures of the gallow gate? The big tower at the start of the high street in the middle of the road?
Old 11th May 2015, 11:44 PM   #773
Lindentree1

Quote:
Everyone has ate at mother India. It's a bit of a landmark. Popadoms and spicy onions. Mm. Lovely. I've also had a pint in the old college bar but I think it's shut now. There's a lot of famous pubs around the high street. Did you see any pictures of the gallow gate? The big tower at the start of the high street in the middle of the road?
Okay, Bourdain misunderstood the lady. Old College Bar has been open since 1810. That sounds more accurate. Did it really close? Maybe they showed an old scene of him drinking there?

I didn't see any pictures of the gallow gate. I will look it up so I can see it.
Old 12th May 2015, 12:59 AM   #774
Lindentree1

Quote:
I love Indian food. I've been there twice, and I've even learned to make some Indian dishes. Stuff like butter chicken, aloo gobi, rajmah. Yum.
Old 12th May 2015, 02:06 PM   #775
notDoneYet

Well, a tentative peace has broken out in my house. Not sure how long it will last, probably not very long but it's a least something.
Old 12th May 2015, 02:09 PM   #776
ralfgarnett

Quote:
Well, a tentative peace has broken out in my house. Not sure how long it will last, probably not very long but it's a least something.
Must ease the pressure though and that can only be a good thing for both you and S9, is she still seeing OM ?.
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2015, 02:15 PM   #777
notDoneYet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfgarnett View Post
Must ease the pressure though and that can only be a good thing for both you and S9, is she still seeing OM ?.
It does relieve the pressure mate yes. Is she still seeing the OM? As far as I know. I have no reason to suspect otherwise.
Old 12th May 2015, 03:25 PM   #778
Lindentree1

Quote:
I'm glad things have been peaceful lately.
Old 12th May 2015, 03:33 PM   #779
notDoneYet

Quote:
I'm glad things have been peaceful lately.
It's only been two days but my goodness it makes all the difference. S9 is far happier as well and i'm sure the STBXW must feel the same.
Old 12th May 2015, 03:41 PM   #780
Lindentree1

Quote:
It's only been two days but my goodness it makes all the difference. S9 is far happier as well and i'm sure the STBXW must feel the same.
Peace is so much better than tension. I hope it continues for you all.