Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 2nd June 2005, 04:41 PM   #1
loula1978

He want to cancell the wedding

I have been with my partner for 6 years, we go ingaged afte 4 years and were due to get married in NOvember 2005. It has been a rocky relationship, i suffer from depresion and have taken it out on my partner on countless occasion and now he has had enough. He thinks that we should cancell and try to get me better but i dont want to, i dont know how to talk to him, he has already made up his mind and it has left us both miserable. can someone please help me to now wwhat to do
Old 2nd June 2005, 06:15 PM   #2
helenrw200

Re: He want to cancell the wedding

loula

As a sufferer of depression myself I know how hard it is to cope with. Sadly it does effect everyone in the household, or those that you care about.Maybe postponing the wedding will give you a chance to concentrate on getting yourself well, it may be that you both need counselling to help you come to terms with your illness. This may sound harsh, but if you're sure he doesn't want to back out altogether ( and from what you've written he doesn't )then time may be all that is needed. I do know however that you can feel pretty desperate when depressed and this then grows into suspicion and paranoia. Talking to your fiance will be difficult until you have control of your own feelings and emotions and this means tackling the depression first, if he sees you are trying to do this, maybe he will change his mind ?

Helen
Old 23rd March 2007, 04:18 AM   #3
tabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by loula1978 View Post
I have been with my partner for 6 years, we go ingaged afte 4 years and were due to get married in NOvember 2005. It has been a rocky relationship, i suffer from depresion and have taken it out on my partner on countless occasion and now he has had enough. He thinks that we should cancell and try to get me better but i dont want to, i dont know how to talk to him, he has already made up his mind and it has left us both miserable. can someone please help me to now wwhat to do
I think it is time to move on. A lifetime partner should make you happy and not miserable. You should thank your partner for sparing you the pain of going through a more complicated divorce process.

============================

Last edited by Dave; 25th March 2007 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Removal of advertising
tabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 01:57 PM   #4
Silverriver

New E4 Show Wants Indecisive Couples...

Are you thinking of getting engaged but feel there’s something holding you back?
Are you engaged but struggling to set a date for your big day?
Has your relationship hit make or break point?

If you can say Yes to any of the above, are in need of some impartial advice and would like to know more about the show either call Elizabeth on 0207 307 2720 or email weddings@silverriver.tv