Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Marriage Help

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31st October 2011, 09:25 PM   #16
Forever

Re: Hearthbroken-Husband is leaving me

Given the information we have so far, it looks like he just was not ready for marriage...yet did not have any concrete reason not to just go ahead and jump in after the gambling issue was disclosed. Maybe he was getting pressure from friends or relatives to do so (after seven years of being together) and just went with the flow, or he just figured it was the "right" thing to do for YOU since he could see how much you loved him.

For him to act jealous and suspicion about you possibly cheating....actually trying very hard to catch you at it, makes me think that he has had regrets for a long time and perhaps if he could have caught you, then he would have a good reason to "pull out" of the relationship without trying to figure out the real reasons why he does not want to remain in it, even though you do.

I think his weight gain is just an indication of his unhappiness (comfort eating). He seems very emotionally immature...expecting you to "make him happy" as though you are responsible for that primarily, is not reality. Also, I am wondering if you are the one with a job you love and a greater income than he? You said he hates his job...could he be projecting that misery onto the relationship? Perhaps he feels that if he gets rid of the marriage, the house and anything else that makes him feel shackled to having to keep that job, only then can he feel good about quitting it.

May I ask your ages?

Last edited by Forever; 31st October 2011 at 09:42 PM.
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breakup, marriage crisis, separation