Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 7th March 2003, 02:12 AM   #1
Unregistered

Pre-marital sex

I'm a Christian male, who in a lapse/period of la ck of faith lost my virginity.

I wish that I hadn't and that I saved myself for who I actually love, now.

What do I do. I can't see someone feeling attracted to me. The most special thing between two people has been ruined already.
Old 11th March 2003, 02:17 PM   #2
Liz

Yes you have lost something precious, but you can't turn the clock back. God is a God of forgiveness and new starts. You only have to read the gospels to see that.

I am sure that when the right woman comes along, that God will help you work through this. One of the most important things in a marriage is being able to forgive one another. There will probably be other times in your marriage that you let each other down and have to forgive one another. There will be other times when you have a sense of something beautiful damaged or lost, but it is not the end of things.

You will be able to build a close and joyful sexual relationship in the future with God's help. Right now you may fear no-one will be attracted to you, but they will.

With best wishes

Liz
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2003, 02:39 PM   #3
nutter

Hi,

I too was in the same position as you, however I have now found someone who truly loves me for who I am.

He knew I wasn't a virgin before we started seeing each other and it was something that stopped us getting together for a while but he spoke to a lot of wise friends and decided that he couldn't judge me on this - that would only make his actions worse than mine. We have spoken about it a lot since we started seeing each other and he has really helped me to forgive myself and receive God's forgiveness. The main thing is that I do repent of my sins and therefore I have been forgiven. Our relationship has been so strong and we are getting married in September. I know that the first time we make love will be so special because it is in the right context within God's will.

Good luck and don't worry just seek forgiveness and God will look after you.
x
Old 30th July 2003, 02:44 PM   #4
nutter

Hi,

I too was in the same position as you, however I have now found someone who truly loves me for who I am.

He knew I wasn't a virgin before we started seeing each other and it was something that stopped us getting together for a while but he spoke to a lot of wise friends and decided that he couldn't judge me on this - that would only make his actions worse than mine. We have spoken about it a lot since we started seeing each other and he has really helped me to forgive myself and receive God's forgiveness. The main thing is that I do repent of my sins and therefore I have been forgiven. Our relationship has been so strong and we are getting married in September. I know that the first time we make love will be so special because it is in the right context within God's will.

Good luck and don't worry just seek forgiveness and God will look after you.
x
Old 18th November 2003, 04:47 PM   #5
Unregistered

I can sense the remorse in your posting....... I believe the Lord can see your sincerity. Must definitely dont give up........
The hard part is forgiving yourself I know because we beat ourselfs. But just remember that if you have confessed this to the Lord and are truly sorry he has forgiven you already. Simple as that. But yes it will be more difficult for you because your eyes have been opened so to speak..... Sex is not bad.....but it was attended for marriage only.
Keep active with youth group activities,read your bible daily,
Keep yourself physically active ( sports ect.....
Someone will want you one day. And you will find love if you ask God 's guidance. But before you love someone you must love yourself........ Remember that jesus does. It is difficult but not impossible. Remember you can do all things thru christ which strenthens you.....phil 4:13
Only through his strength are we made whole. And like that song goes about the potter....."make me over again.

God Bless
Old 12th February 2004, 06:14 AM   #6
Unregistered

Forgiveness

I read a quote by C.S. Lewis the other day, and it went a little something like this...

If God is truly a God of forgiveness, and we cannot forgive ourselves, it's almost like putting ourselves on a higher tribunal than God.

FORGIVE yourself. God, the Creator of the universe, has forgiven you, and has a purpose for your life! We all make mistakes, and when we find someone who accepts us for our mistakes, we see God's forgiveness through that person. Never be with someone who cannot accept your past mistakes (and there will be some out there, I won't lie). You can look at it like this: If the person can't accept that you aren't a virgin, then you know that you must move on. You can't change the past, so it isn't meant to be.

God Bless,

A Girl Who's Been There