Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Marriage Help

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd December 2010, 12:48 AM   #1
leilag

Unhappy I don't want to get a divorce

This is all new to me.

The only place to start is at the beginning. My husband asked me for a divorce a month before our 13th anniversary and I don't really understand why.

I am married to a Muslim and I converted. I know I am not an angle and admitted to my husband I occasionally drank. With my job it is kinda hard not too. my husband does not like the fact that I occasionally take pictures with people and I embrace them in the pictures. Yet, he forgets we meet in a bar and I am a modern women.

I love him dearly and don't think this is a big deal. Another factor is that for the past 2 years we have lived in 2 different cites because of my choice to follow my career. I know I am not perfect and sometimes I have to travel for business with colleagues he might not deem appropriate.
So I lie and do not tell him I am in town on business.

To make things worse while living separately I had a flatmate whom in the end turned against me and told my husband I cheated on him. I would n never do this. Anyone who knows me knows I am devoted to him and talk about him all the time.

I need advice.

We had a lovely weekend together, then he went back to work and another country. He has spoken to the ex flat mat; got on facebook saw pictures of me and exploded. He demanded a divorce that was a month a go. He came to see me, gave back his ring and left a suitcase of my things from our apartment together.

We have spoke once he still yelling and screaming to leave him alone. We are Muslim and he is not even handling it in a respectful Muslim manner. He said he was going to file for divorce, but I have yet to received any papers or spoken to each other calmly.

He will not talk to me at all. I do not know what is going through his head. All he is doing now is become friends on face book.

I do not want to throw 13 years away with someone I love. He will not even talk to me. I never meant to hurt him at all, he says he is tired of me. His friend told me to move on.

Is this thing worth saving? Am I living in a dream. Will giving him space change anything?

The stupid thing is his is still my friend on facebook? Should I de-friend him, seeing him talk to other women is killing me. If I de-friend him is it really over? Should I just move on? but I love him.

Help

Tags
marriage crisis, muslim