Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 8th August 2009, 08:19 AM   #1
weddedandwinning

Introduction-My story

My name is Geoffrey Luntz. This is my (shortened) testimony. I didn't want to post a novel.

In the spring of 2001, I married the women of my dreams, my best friend and confidant. She was and still is all a man could ever hope for or ever want. She is bright, articulate, funny and grounded in Christ. I marvel at her everyday.

Shortly after our wedding our first son was born. We where well on our way to the perfect dream life. Things could not have been better, and stayed that way until the fall of 2003, when four little words shocked me to my very core: "I think I love him" is all she said.

What followed was the year of nightmare, despair, utter chaos and a gut wrenching inner turmoil. I thought there was no way out, no light, no hope for my family.

Until...on the side of the highway, in the middle of rush hour traffic, I gave it all to Christ. I placed all my sorrow, pain, and insecurity at his feet. With the help of Christ, a few key people, and a better understanding of myself our marriage was save literally at the doors of the courthouse 3 minutes before the divorce was to be finalized.

I understand that this highly condensed outline of my story hardly does justice to the wealth of knowledge I have been working on for the past 6 years. I can report that my family is intact and more wonderful than I could have possibly foreseen.

I come to this forum because I believe in my heart of hearts that I can help. I have walked threw the valley and survived for all the better. I come to share my personal insight, failures (avoid them) and successes.

I am not a professional, I am a carpenter by trade. I do promise to use all my personal experience to help those of you that are struggling.

We never went to a counselor/psychiatrist. The medical professions with the highest divorce rate are psychiatrist/marriage counselors. Look it up: www.infidelityfacts.com

Thank you and God bless.

Last edited by Dave; 8th August 2009 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Corrected link
Old 9th August 2009, 01:49 PM   #2
Ageing Grace

Re: Introduction-My story

Welcome to the forums!
Ageing Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 10:12 AM   #3
Raymond

The staggering statistic for me from your site is that in the USA the divorce rate is 53% but in arranged marriages it is only 3%. That says a lot to me. I have noticed that a lot of marriages are very heavily dependent on feelings. This is okay but the balance is wrong. There are lots of people on here who have confided that their spouses have said I don't feel I love you anymore so thats it. In an arranged marriage one would just be bound to love their spouses because they are their spouses and they married them. I think there is a message there. One should be as romantic as they can of course but a commitment to love is the main cement of the marriage I feel.

Raymond
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 07:51 PM   #4
clockwork orange

Couldn't agree more Raymond
clockwork orange is offline   Reply With Quote