Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Wedding & Engagement Help

Old 4th December 2007, 06:58 PM   #1
Faith1

Some Advice needed please - Greatly appreciated!

As some of you may already know from my previous posts, I have met a muslim man and I am Catholic. I have only known him for about 2 weeks. I am quite smitten by him. He does seem to be very sincere and honest.

Last week, he told me that in December 13-Jan 12, he is going to Dubai with his family for a family reunion. He wanted to be totally upfront and honest with me. He said that his mother also had the intention of introducing him to some potential women for him to marry perhaps??? He said he wanted to be totally honest, and he did not know what would happen. He said that as long as it did not pain me or him, he wanted to continue to see me as we both feel we have a strong connection. In the event that nothing transpires in Dubai, he wishes to continue to see me.

I told him, I was leary, but in the end hopefully we would remain strong friends. I truly wished him happiness and hope he would find someone worthy of his love and sincerity. He also wished the same for me, and told me that if things did not work out with him, that i would find someone worthy of me as well. I said i understood he had family obligations and cultures and traditions that had to be upheld. He said, that he would give that all up in an instant if he had to make a choice. I said, regardless of what happens, if he does find someone whom he 'connects' with there, I would give him a lovely wedding gift, and wish him all the best in his future.

I am hesitant to get intimate with him. We have kissed, cuddled, but that is about it. He said he wants to spend as much time with me as possible until the time he leaves (Dec 13). I was a bit leary, and thought that it could muddle his thinking of when he does meet these ladies in Dubai..........but he said he wants to take that chance. Even if we don't get too intimate, he said he is willing to do whatever it takes so that he and I don't get hurt. I said ultimately my happiness for him is the most important thing and I wanted the best for him.

It is quite a quandry as you can understand. But, honestly i told him feel blessed that we have crossed paths for the little time that we have known each other, and we were brought to together for a reason........even if we are not meant to be together.

My question,........although his intentions seem sincere...........may his intentions not be all that what they 'appear to be'. My policy is usually not be become intimate with someone unless at least 2-3 months of knowing the person has passed. I asked him if there were any muslim laws that forbade him from dating other gals if there is the intention of him potentially being introduced to his future wife???

Shall I hold off becoming physically more intimate with him, until such time as he returns from Dubai.......otherwise., i may risk getting hurt.

Any advice please????

Thanks to all.
Old 2nd May 2008, 03:55 AM   #2
Justabloke

Re: Some Advice needed please - Greatly appreciated!

Until your certain about his intentions then please hold off,
If he really loves yo hell wait until your ready,

you have to know he's committed before you get intimate, otherwise its just sex.

I feel that making love is a special bond between two lovers that cant be compared too.

if he feels anything like that it wont matter,

but like you said, he's not sure what will happen in dubai, if thats the case he's putting you in a line up with these other women and choosing the best,

if he truely loves you, you couldnt possible be second,

Im in love and all other women are just friends, nobody compares to my fiancee

I dont find any other woman attractive at all,

thats how he should feel,

Bloke.....